Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Oh Chamonix

I've begun to create a lifelist for myself in a nice Rhodia notebook I picked up in France last summer. Of course it won't be finished until I die but it's already 2 french-sized (yes, they're about 2 inches longer) pages in a week.
Heres a goal I put in this morning: Hike the Haute Route between Chamonix, France, and Zermatt. Look how pretty!
The book I checked out from the library about backpacking/hiking said the journey takes from 7 to 13 days. I think it would be just life-changing. When I was in Chamonix last year, I fell in love with the town and I was so jealous of all the mountain climbers with gigantic backpack that were in out "gondala" lift to the top of Mt. Blanc (the tallest peak in Western Europe f.y.i). At that point, I didn't really know where they were going, but I knew that I had to get myself back there with my own very large pack and see for myself. Now I know, and it's definately on the list.

Photograph from flickr here.

No comments: