Sunday, April 19, 2009

hola



Oh, my life has been busy and I feel I have finally caught up with everything: school, work, skating; and now I can begin to be a more frequent publisher to the blog and keep everyone updated when the news is actually fresh.
The pictures above are the conclusion of my post about my spring break this March in Cancun. I have been back for a while but have neglected to post any of my pictures yet so... here they are.
Cancun was delightful. It was hot, sandy, and smelled of Hawaiian Tropic tanning spray everywhere (read- heaven). I got to swim, snorkel, kayak, eat, drink, parasail and even learn a little bit of Spanish, salsa dance, and merigue. My family stayed at the Iberostar Lindo resort. I highly recommend it to families. The food was amazing and there were endless activites and food. Overall, I want to go back! I'm considering a job working at a resort while in college...

Other than travelling south of the boarder, my final skating show is over and now, except for recreational purposes, I'm all done with figure skating. It's a bittersweet ending. Skating is my passion but also my most time-consuming hobby that has been a major part of my time since I was 7. The show went really well and I finished my final solo the best I could.
So now, onto things coming up in the near future- GRADUATION! I have 5 weeks left of school and then it's a summer filled with trips to Hawaii, two of my own graduation/birthday parties, visits and roadtrips with my friend from Denmark, and, unfortunately, work. I am so excited!
Now, for even more near future events- next weekend is my very last high school dance- Prom. I decided to just wear a dress I already bought at a vintage store a few years ago and got some killer heels yesterday in Barabo. I have a date and now dinner/picture arangments just have to be put into place. It should be a wonderful weekend.
Well I hope all of you are having a stellar spring thus far. I will try to keep this thing updated a lot more frequently.
-Parisian fille

No comments: